This year, the annual Friendly House Spring Auction will be a hybrid event. For those of us who are excited to see friends in person, we invite you to join us at our gala on April 20th, 2024 at the Multnomah Athletic Club.
For those of you who prefer to "auction" in your pajamas on the couch at home, don't worry! Online participation is still absolutely free and open to everyone. Our extensive silent auction will be online from April 15th–19th.
No matter how you choose to participate, we have lots of great things in store for you and many ways to support Friendly House.
Online Auction – Open for bidding from 12pm, April 15th until 9pm, April 19th! You can expect hundreds of packages of original artwork, fine wine, dining experiences, themed baskets, luxury goods, local treasures, exciting regional vacations, and more. Register now to make sure you get alerted when packages are ready to view and purchase!
Come to the Party – Your admission includes a cocktail hour with appetizers and a hosted wine and beer bar; a specially curated, in-person-only silent auction; a delicious three-course plated meal; our signature live auction and show; and lots of other fun surprises. Buy a table of 10 and spend an unforgettable night with friends! Purchase Tickets!
Donate an Auction Item – We're looking for all kinds of items, from jewelry, wine, spirits, and art, to services, experiences, and gift cards from your favorite local businesses, to home goods, vacation opportunities, musical instruments and more. Or share what you love with our community and put together a themed basket of your own to donate! We hope you will be able to contribute an item or gift certificate to help us hit our goal.
Sponsor the Event – Sponsors are essential for the success of our event. Your sponsorship supports our programs and services for low-income families, children, isolated older adults, people currently experiencing houselessness, those at risk of becoming houseless, and those simply looking for ways to connect with others. Businesses and individuals are encouraged to consider this opportunity.
Raffle – We'll have three incredible raffles again this year. Stay tuned to see what we have in store. Available for purchase in March.
Purchase a VIP Bag – We are only selling 100 of these amazing VIP tote bags, so get yours today! If you like surprises, this is tote-ally the bag for you! Your bag will be delivered to your home or will be available at the in-person event. If you'd like to support our staff with a special gift, consider purchasing a VIP bag that we can gift to an employee! Available for purchase in March.
Make a Donation – It's not an auction without the opportunity to show your generous support for Friendly House's programs and services. Even if you can't join us online or in-person this year, you can make your donation any time between now and April 20th. We hope you will!
Auction Instructions and Information:
– Online bidding will begin Monday, April 15th at 12pm and end on Friday, April 19th at 9pm.
– Packages will be delivered/mailed to winners in the Portland Metro Area at no charge.
– If you are a winning bidder and you live outside the Portland Metro area, you are responsible for the cost of shipping your items, and Friendly House is not responsible for any damages that might occur during shipping. If you would rather have your items delivered to someone in the Portland Metro area, we can do that for no charge.
– We will NOT ship alcohol. If you win a package with alcohol, we will need to see proof of age at time of delivery. If you are not over 21, please do not bid on any auction packages that contain alcohol.
– Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about anything auction related.